I’m really disappointed about how stupid web forms are sometimes. Consider this:
- A captcha that has as a side-note: “Please do not enter whitespace characters“.
- Why can’t the website just filter the whitespace?
- A edit field for a URL that has as a side-note: “Please also enter the http://“.
- Why can’t the website just add the http:// when it is missing?!
- A submit button with side-note “Please hit submit only once“.
- A edit field for a phone number that insists on a specific number format.
- Does the number format matter in any way except for the +Countrycode at the beginning? Why not just filter everything except numbers?
All of these mentioned are even happening on very big sites who should have the people who know better. Are there any reasons except annoying me?
Does anyone have more examples? Please comment
(Translated from the blog of guruz)
Update: Blogoscoped has another posting about forms in websites.
blog comments powered by Disqus